By mighty foodie Kelly Gibney
Our granola is a tasty companion to your busy work week. It’s an easy way to jazz up breakfast, snack time and dessert. Some of our favourite serving ideas are below. They are all simple, wholesome and taste fabulous.
- Mighty Food Kitchen granola (either variety)
- Fresh fruit (blueberries, chopped pears, sliced bananas, chopped mango all work well)
- Yoghurt - preferably a thick Greek or coconut yoghurt.
- You’ll need a jar that holds a volume of 300 – 400 mls.
- Fill the jar ⅓ full with granola
- Top with blueberries and finish with a dollop of yoghurt.
- Placing the ingredients in this order keeps the granola crunchy. It will survive the trip to work and be perfectly crunchy when you sit down to eat it.
- ½ avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 pear – core removed and roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls washed spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- Large handful ice
- To garnish: Mighty Food Kitchen cacao & coconut granola, sliced banana, fresh raspberries, cacao nibs, bee pollen
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until very smooth. Pour into a bowl and scatter toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
3. As a satisfying and delicious snack
Our granola pairs brilliantly with lots of different dishes but honestly it’s pretty hard to get much better than just enjoying it as is, in all its crunchy, delicious glory. The perfect solution to the 3pm hunger pangs. Keep a pack on your desk so you never suffer from bad snack options.
- 3 medium pears – peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla essence
- ½ cup water.
- Top with: Mighty Food Kitchen honey & ginger granola
- Place fruit, honey, vanilla and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook with a lid slightly ajar for 10-15 minutes until tender but not mushy.
- Divide fruit among bowls.
- Sprinkle generously with Mighty Food Kitchen honey & ginger granola.
- Serve with coconut cream or organic dairy cream on the side if desired.
- x large frozen bananas – cut into chunks
- heaped tablespoon peanut butter
- teaspoon good quality vanilla essence
- Top with: Mighty Food Kitchen cacao & coconut granola, extra cacao nibs, fresh raspberries
- Place bananas, peanut butter and vanilla into a food processor. Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately. S
- prinkle with granola, cacao nibs and fresh fruit.
Want to win some clean-eating granola goodness to try?
Each month we’re drawing one wonderful mighty foodie to receive a pack of the variant of their choice – and all you have to do to enter is subscribe to our blog.*
Just sign up at the bottom of this page, and we’ll send you new articles and updates a couple times a month. While you’re at it, share the page with your friends so they can enter too (see share icons below).
*We’ll email the winner at the end of each month to let them know and get address/flavour choice. Monthly giveaway runs from April 2016 – end September 2016.