Who said crumble should just be for dessert?
A fruit crumble can be enjoyed as a breakfast treat, snack or dessert -it’s very versatile.
This crumble recipe uses up any turning fruit and stale bread lying around the house (just make sure it’s still ok to use). Mix it in with a delicious MFK granola and you will give your fruit a whole new lease on life – your breakfasts will never be the same either.
We have used apples, berries and rhubarb along with MFK Raspberry Granola with Coconut & Cacao Granola but you can use whatever fruit you like.
- 2-3 slices bread, crumbled (stale is fine) or 1 cup of bread crusts, chopped into small chunks
- 50g MFK Raspberry Granola with Coconut & Cacao Granola
- 400g of turning fruit fruit (e.g. apples, peaches, berries). We used apples, rhubarb and berries.
- 100ml fruit juice (we used apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Crumble the bread and mix in with the granola
- Chop the unpeeled, cored fruit and put in an ovenproof dish with the fruit juice.
- Bake fruit for around 10 mins (until the fruit begins to turn soft)
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top then drizzle with honey
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a little Greek yoghurt, custard or cream.